Some car owners have the prejudice that to install a new car radio is a job which is only mastered by professionals. In fact, more and more car owners have successfully installed their new radios on their own. Of course, they need to do it under the guidance of a correct installation guide. Here I’d like to introduce a detailed 1998-2002 Mercedes Benz A W168 head unit installation guide from Seicane to you. If you have the same dashboard as the following picture, the you can also follow it to help with your installation.
Some tips before the installation:
- Please disconnect the power before the installation.
- Please prepare a lever and a screwdriver before the removal and the installation.
- Please keep all the separate parts from the car. Please take great care of the dashboard to avoid scratching it during its detachment and installation. Please keep handy any parts from the car and make use of all the original screws from the car as much as possible. so each related part of the unit can be fixed securely.
1998-2002 Mercedes Benz A W168 head unit installation guide
1. The picture of the original CD player and 6-disc CD player.
2. First detach the gear shift panel.
3. Use a screw driver to remove the screw marked with a red circle to release the car charger and ashtray.
4. Remove the car charger and ashtray assembly.
5. Use a screw driver to remove the screw marked with a red circle.
6. Pry the air conditioner panel out with a plastic lever.
7. Remove the original air conditioner panel.
8. Remove the heated seat and control panel assembly.
9. Pay attention to this buckle.
10. Remove two screws.
11. Pull out the original CD player.
12. Please be careful not to stretch the wiring harness behind the assembly.
13. The wiring diagram as follows. Put the plug of the car in the socket of the unit.
14. The wiring diagram.
15. The wiring diagram.
16. Radio antenna lead.
17. Install the new Seicane unit back after the wiring harness has bee connected. Fasten the four screws.
18. Install the air conditioner panel, the car charger, the ashtray, the heated seat and the control panel back.
19. Reinstall cigarette lighter.
20. Turn on the new Seicane unit and have a careful check if everything works well.
That’s all the installation guide for a 1998-2002 Mercedes Benz A W168 head unit. If you find your dashboard is a litter bit from that shown in the guide picture, please don’t worry, it won’t have much influence on the installation. If there is any question, you can consult your dealer or a professional.
Besides, you need to have a suitable car stereo for your car, so that it can be compatible with your car, and if you don’t have one, you can refer to this intelligent 1998-2002 Mercedes Benz A W168 head unit from Seicane, please click for more details:
This amazing Mercedes Benz A W168 head unit is integrated with a GPS navigation system and a powerful DVD player for you to have fun all the way. You can get hands-free calling convenience and enjoy music streaming when you wirelessly pair with your mobile phone via the bluetooth technology. The turn-by-turn direction and voice prompts can be provided for you to find your way to any unfamiliar place.