It sounds great when you can install a head unit for your car on your own, doesn’t it? You can not only save a lot of money but also gain much satisfaction which can bring you a large deal of enjoyment. This article aims to share a detailed Daewoo Gentra head unit installation guide for your reference. The image below is the latest 2007-2011 Daewoo Gentra head unit from Seicane, if you also have the same dashboard, the this installation guide would be great for you.
Here are some tips for you before the installation:
- Please apply the parking brake and remove the negative cable on the vehicle battery before the removal to ensure safety.
- A lever and a screwdriver need to be prepared before the installation.
2007-2011 Daewoo Gentra head unit installation guide
- Remove the trim panel. There are several parts of the trim panel. You should remove them one by one. First remove the trim panel which is around the screen. Then, remove the trim panel which is next to the CD player. Remove the screws on the trim panel before you pry it from the dashboard. And put them away and keep every part well so that you can install them back to the original place perfectly.
- Unscrew the screws on the units and put them away.
- Take the original radio out of the dash.
- Disconnect the connectors at the back of the original radio.
- Install the new Seicane head unit. The installations of different units are different. You should refer to the installation instruction from the dealer and connect the new Seicane head unit to the original wiring harness. If it needs a wiring harness adaptor, connect the adaptor to the original wiring harness first, then, connect the adaptor to the new Seicane head unit.
- Turn on the new Seicane head unit and test it. Connect the negative cable on the battery and turn on the new Seicane head unit to test all the functions in it. If everything’s good, fix the screen by putting it hard to the dashboard and fix the DVD player with screws.
- Install the trim panel. Install the trim panel which was next to the CD player before back to its original place.
That’s all the step-by-step installation guide for a 2007-2011 Daewoo Gentra head unit. Wish you can get some help from it. If you have any question, you can turn to your dealer or a professional for help. If you think it too difficult to understand all the steps, you’d better go to a car stereo upgrade center to have it installed.
Besides, it’s essential for you to make sure you have a suitable head unit for your car, so that it can be seamlessly installed in your car. If you don’t have one, you can refer to the following link which is about an intelligent 2007-2011 Daewoo Gentra head unit from Seicane, please click:
This Daewoo Gentra head unit comes with a large 7 inch multi-touch screen with 1024*600 pixel resolution can ease your eyes and make you easier to operate everything in the unit. To keep safe and relaxed during the whole driving, you can utilize the Bluetooth feature to pair your enabled mobile phone for hands-free calls and streaming music. The GPS navigation system can provide voice prompts for you to help you avoid the traffic congestion, so that you can easily get to your destination.
Wish you’d like this multifunctional Daewoo Gentra head unit and enjoy your wonderful driving experience from now on! Good luck to you!