How hard is it for a car owner to remove his factory radio so as to install a new car radio? People who would like to enjoy more convenience and enjoyment in car may want to know the answer toward this question. As far as I am concerned, it is not complicated for you to remove your factory radio and install a new car radio under the guidance of a correct car radio installation instruction. The following is a 2014 2015 2016 Subaru Forester car radio installation instruction, which can be taken as your reference if you own the same or similar dashboard and would like to upgrade your factory radio.
Precautions for this installation:
1. Before you start up any work, park your car well and unplug the negative power cable to avoid any danger.
2. Please make sure that all fastened wires are isolated with electrical tape.
3. Please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
4. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2014 2015 2016 Subaru Forester car radio installation instruction
1. Use a plastic removal tool to pry the trim panel of the original car radio.
2. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the trim panel.
3. Use a screwdriver to unscrew all the screws that are holding the original car radio in the dashboard.
4. Gently take the original car radio out from the dashboard.
5. Disconnect the connectors and cables at the back of the original car radio.
6. Make the original car’s connector plug to the new car radio’s power connector. And Make sure the rest of connectors and cables are plugged to the radio’s right interfaces.
7. For the further confirmation of the right connecting of all connectors and cables, you can refer to the following wiring diagram.
8. Make the connector plug to the back of the trim panel of the new car radio.
9. Carefully place the new car radio in the dashboard.
10. Put everything into their original place. All the installation is done.
Wish the above installation instruction is helpful for you to some extent. If you encounter any difficulties and don’t know how to overcome them, you can contact your dealer, communicate with someone experienced or turn to a professional for help. Or for avoiding damage to either your car radio or your car, you can directly go to a car radio upgrade center so as to get the new car radio installed by a professional technician. Anyway, first of all, you have to pick an ideal car radio for your beloved car. If you have no ideas, you can check out the following link which is a great 2014 2015 2016 Subaru Forester car radio from Seicane.
This car radio is running on the most advanced and stable Android 8.0 operation system and a 8-core 1.5 GHz RK-PX5 A53 processor to enhance its capacities and performance. So this car radio can be regarded as one of the best replacements for your factory car radio.
With this car radio installed in your car, you can get access to the high-end 3D GPS navigation system, Bluetooth function,and other functions. Under the guidance of the turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts provided by the worldwide real-time GPS navigation system, you can easily locate where you are and gain the most suitable route option to reach your desired destinations. And thanks to this unit’s dual zone function, you can freely listen to your favorite music while navigating.
Additionally, without keeping your hands off the steering wheel, Bluetooth hands-free phone calls and Bluetooth streaming music are available for you as long as you connect your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and this car radio.
What are you waiting for? If you like this unit, you can add this unit to your shopping cart!
I am having a problem with the installation in a 2015 WRX with basic Clarion set up. Once all harnesses are connected I keep getting the Check Audio System warning ont he multi function display.. plse help !
Hello, please email us at [email protected]
2015 Subaru Forester XT.
Missing the screws for the emergency hazard . The original OEM didn’t need screws but yours does.
Also , the steering wheel controls don’t work . It didn’t include the adapter to plug in the back .
so sorry for the inconvenience.
In order to give you a fast solution,we suggest you asked our after sales staff for help.
The email is [email protected]
Have a good day!”
I have a 2015 Forester Touring with the Harmon Kardon stereo system.
Which of your units would you recommend?
This is Seicane.com.
Thanks for interested in our product.
Could you please send us the photo of your car’s dashboard to [email protected]?
And could you please tell us the model and year of your car?
Then we can help you check if this unit can fit your car or not ,hope you could cooperate with us.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Thank you & Best regards!