It goes without saying that a remarkable car radio can help you gain a much relaxing driving experience. Therefore, more and more car owners would like to replace their factory radio with a new aftermarket car radio so as to get access to a lot of upgraded and brand new features. This article mainly talks about the installation instruction on a 2003 2004 2005 2006-2010 Porsche Cayenne car radio. If you also have the same or similar dashboard, you can refer to the following instruction.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1. Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2. Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3. Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4. Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5. Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6. Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-device-srd-400
2003 2004 2005 2006-2010 Porsche Cayenne car radio installation instruction
1. Pry out the trim piece along the perimeter of the center dashboard with a lever.
2. Remove 2 screws holding the stereo in the dashboard frame (green arrows). Please note that there will be four screws in the cars with navigation.
3. Carefully take the factory stereo out of the dash. When removing the factory radio, please note that there are two locking tabs on the lower tray that can break easily.
4. Here is a close-up of the underside of the stereo. These two plastic fingers (green arrows) fit into the tabs on the top edge of the lower tray.
5. Press the tab (green arrow) on the antenna lead and pull it out of the stereo.
6. Pull out the connectors at the back of the stereo (green arrows). Note that some cars may have different setups based on the vehicle’s different years.
7. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane car radio.
8. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane car radio.
9. Connect the Seicane car radio to your original car radio’s plugs. And put the new Seicane car radio back into the dash.
10. Install two screws and trim piece.
11. Turn on the new car radio and have a comprehensive test.
Wish the above installation instruction can do you some help. If you have any doubts, please feel free to contact your dealer, communicate with someone experienced or turn to a professional for help. Or for avoiding damage to either your car radio or your car, you’d better go to a car radio upgrade center to ask a professional technician to help you install the new car radio.
Anyway, before installation, please make sure you’ve had an ideal car radio. If not, I’d like to recommend an excellent 2003 2004 2005 2006-2010 Porsche Cayenne car radio from Seicane to you. For more details, please click:
Loaded with the latest and most stable Android 8.0 operation system and a powerful 8-core 1.5 GHz Cortex A53 CPU processor, this car radio can be regarded as one of the best replacement for your factory radio because of its enhance and improved capabilities and performance.
With the guidance of the built-in GPS navigation system of this car radio, you can easily locate where you are and find the right way to reach your desired destinations through turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts. Besides, while navigating, you can also freely listen to your favorite music thanks to this unit’s dual zone function.
Besides, through the wireless Bluetooth connection between your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone and this unit, you can freely dial, answer, reject and mute hands-free calls as well as listen to your favorite music streaming from your phone music playlists, which can add both convenience and enjoyment to your in-car life.
Wish you like this unit and good luck to you!