PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 106 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce. PayPal is an eBay (Nasdaq:EBAY) company and is made up of three leading online payment services: the PayPal global payment service, the Payflow Gateway and Bill Me Later. More information about the company can be found at PayPal.com. PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. and its international headquarters is located in Singapore.
- Founded in December 1998, PayPal is the leading global online payment company.
- PayPal has more than 106 million active registered accounts and is available in 190 markets.
- PayPal supports payments in 25 currencies including: U.S. Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar, Taiwan New Dollar, New Zealand Dollar, Euro, Swiss Franc, Czech Koruna, Swedish Krona, Danish Krone, Norwegian Krone, Hungarian Forint, Mexican Peso, Philippine Peso, Malaysian Ringgit, Chinese RMB, Israeli New Shekel, Pounds Sterling, Brazilian Real, Polish Zloty, Thai Baht, Turkish Lira and Japanese Yen.
- PayPal has localized websites in 21 markets including Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Israel, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States.
- PayPal is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. with offices in Timonium, Md. Its European headquarters is in Luxembourg and its international headquarters is located in Singapore. PayPal has operation centers located in Berlin; Chandler, Ariz; Dublin, Ireland; near Omaha, Neb.; Petaling Jaya, Malaysia; Sao Paulo; and Shanghai. PayPal has development centers in Austin, Tx.; Chennai, India; Scottsdale, Ariz.; Singapore; and Tel Aviv, Israel.