Have you ever tried to install a car stereo before? If not, you may think it very hard for you to finish the whole installation process of a car stereo. As a matter of fact, with a step-by-step installation instruction and some related installation experience, you can also try to deal with the installation. However, if it is the first time for you to upgrade your factory radio, you’d better ask a professional for help. The following is a detailed 2006-2013 BMW Mini Cooper car stereo installation guide. You can read it carefully before you start to install your new car stereo.
Before and during installation, you should notice:
1. Before connecting, please make sure the ignition is off to avoid short circuit.
2. Ensure connect the yellow and red power cable at last.
3. Ensure that all loose wires are isolated with electrical tape
4. Ensure don’t tangle the wire when tighten the moving parts(Such as seat rails).
5. Ensure that all ground is connected to the same place.
6. Using the improper fuse may cause damage of fire, so when replace the fuse, please consult the professional.
7. For your convenience, here’s the recommended tools for removal and installation from Seicane, please check for more details: http://www.seicane.com/car-dvd-dismantling-devicesrd-400
2006-2013 BMW Mini Cooper car stereo installation guide
1. Remove two tabs in the air conditioning vent above the dash.
2. Remove the tachometer and set it aside.
3. Remove the crew pocket panel with a lever, then put it aside.
4. Open the glove box compartment, and remove the panel inside shown as the picture.
5. Pop out the panel beneath the steering wheel with a lever and your hands.
6. Remove the side panel with a lever and your hands.
7. Remove the other side panel shown as the picture with a lever.
8. Remove the panel under the air-conditioning control with a lever.
9. Unscrew all the screws holding the plastic cover with a screwdriver.
10. Remove the panel on the factory radio with your hands.
11. Remove the plastic cover of the whole air conditioning control.
12. Disconnect the connectors at the back of the cover.
13. Unscrew all screws holding the factory radio with a screwdriver.
14. Gently take the factory radio out of the dashboard.
15. Check all the accessories for the new Seicane stereo.
16. Connect the harnesses to the back of the new Seicane stereo.
17. Connect the Seicane stereo to your original car radio’s plugs.
18. Check whether the new Seicane stereo is working without problem.
19. If there is no problem, firm removed screws and bolts that are put aside, then make trim panel back on your new Seicane stereo.
Please don’t worry if you encounter any problems about the installation. To solve these problems, you can seek help from your dealer, someone experienced or a professional. If you are afraid of causing damage to your car stereo or your car, you can just go to a car stereo upgrade center to ask a technician to help you install the car stereo.
However, if you are still looking for a suitable car stereo for your beloved car, you might as well check out the following link which is a 2006-2013 BMW Mini Cooper GPS Bluetooth Car Stereo from Seicane.
This intelligent car stereo runs on the pure Android 6.0 operation system, 8 – Core 1.5 GHz RK-PX5 A53 processor and 32GB Inland flash as well as 2GB RAM. So with such a car stereo installed in your car, you will be provided with the best services thanks to the enhanced capacities, higher configuration and better performance.
With the assistance of the high-accuracy 3D GPS navigation function, you don’t need to worry about getting lost any more even though you don’t have a good sense of directions. With the GPS function, you have no difficulties knowing your current locations and finding the right way to get to your destinations through turn-by-turn directions and voice prompts.
And what’s more, under the wireless Bluetooth technology, you can dial, answer, reject and mute hands-free calls as well as listen to streaming music from your phone.
Wish you like it! Good luck to you!