Instead replacing the whole car radio system, lots of BMW owners would rather than choosing to change the radio screen, which is indeed a quick and easy way to upgrade the factory radio system in recent years.
As a professional supplier of aftermarket car radio GPS system, Seicane not only produces quality radio system for various car models, but provides comprehensive installation guides for car owners. And here is a detailed guide to install an upgraded android radio screen unit in 2013-2016 BMW 3 Series F30 F31 F34 F35. Hope it be useful for you.
- Tools: Plastic pry tool, screwdrivers.
- Note: Cut off the car power during the installation process to ensure safety.
The original car radio system
Step 1, Removing the A/C vent panel. We need to start this from the co-pilot position. Use the plastic pry tool to pry the panel, then take down the whole vent panel and disconnect the plug.
Step 2, Next we go to remove the trim panel at the bottom of the radio system. Still need to pry it, then take it down and unplug the connector.
Step 3, Remove screws that fixed the button panel. Take down the panel and disconnect the plugs.
Step 4, Remove screws that fixed the original radio screen, take it down and unplug its connectors.
Step 5, Remove screws that fixed the original CD unit, take out the unit and unplug the connectors.
Step 6, Have a check for the new car radio screen unit to make sure everything of it in good condition.
Step 7, According to the radio user manual, correspondingly connect the new wiring harness to the car.
Step 8, Connect the new screen to the car.
Step 9, Connect the original CD unit.
Step 10, Test the new radio system. If it works normally, install all the car parts back. If there is problem, check again the wiring condition.
Key features of Seicane upgraded radio screen for BMW models
- The 10.25” IPS screen can greatly improve your viewing experience when watch videos and use navigation.
- Equipped with the latest Android system, it provides stable operation and performance.
- It supports all original car functions, keeping you comfortable using experience.
- There are built-in Bluetooth and microphone, so you can use Bluetooth to call and listen to music.
- It’s able to support Carplay, just connect your phone to the radio with a Carplay USB dongle, then you can use phone applications freely, being the best way to play phone while drive safe on the road.
- You can also add DVR, rear view camera, TPMS and so on to help increase driving safety as they are supported by this Android radio screen.